Peer-to-Peer Session Detail Report shows modualities as "remote assistance" RRS feed

• Question

• I just completed an inplace upgrade from lync server 2013 standard to skype for business.  All went very smoothly and my users didn't skip a beat and have reported no problems.  One thing I noticed in the call logs, in the peer to peer session details report are entries for a "remote assistance" under modalities.  

Clicking on details of the record shows the following:

From user agent:
    UCCAPI/15.0.4735.1000 OC/15.0.4737.1000 (Skype for Business)
    To user agent:

CPE/4.0.7577.4463 OCPhone/4.0.7577.4463 (Microsoft Lync Phone Edition)

Most of these show no end time and no diagnostic ID.  A few of them will show a warning (yellow) and the following under Diagnostic ID: 52142; reason="Disconnect tpcp control channel"

Any idea what these are? anything to worry about?

Thanks for your assistance.

-Brandon

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 2:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please double check the DHCP setting, also for the NTP and VLAN settings, make sure there is no issue for them.

Best Regards,
    Eason Huang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Monday, September 7, 2015 2:51 AM
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please double check the DHCP setting, also for the NTP and VLAN settings, make sure there is no issue for them.

Best Regards,
    Eason Huang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Monday, September 7, 2015 2:51 AM
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 6:27 AM
  • Were you ever able to resolve this? We're seeing the same thing and there are no DCHP, NTP or VLAN issues with our environment. I'm thinking it's just noise, but there are tons of them and they clutter the reports. 
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 1:44 PM
  • When I configured Exchange Online as a trusted application in skype4b and setup Oauth between the two, I stopped getting the Diagnostic ID: 52142; reason="Disconnect tpcp control channel" error. I still get the "remote assistance" with no error code, though it doesn't seem to effect anything.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 5:05 PM