none
Skype for business new implementation conference call RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends,
    Can we make a conference with more than two participants 
    just after a fresh implementation of a Skype for business enterprise server 2019 
    with default settings without any modification ??

Because i am not able to make conference after the implementation...is there any setting i have to adjust in the SFB server??? 
    -New implementation
    -it is not hybrid (on premises only)
    -No federation

It is a very basic simple implementation of the skype for business enterprise edition, with one pool and one server...

It is working internal the company, still i didn’t publish it...
    i need also to know if u can help me, what are the external records that can be created in the external dns to publish (IM, video, and audio) services, 
    and is it necessary to create edge server or not??
    Sunday, February 24, 2019 7:29 AM

All replies

• Can we make a conference call with more than 2 participants, just after a fresh implementation of skype for business 2019, with default settings without any modification??

Because I am not able to make conference after the implementation, is there any setting I have to adjust in the SFB server??

Thursday, February 21, 2019 11:55 PM
  • Hello all

Can we make a conference call with more than 2 participants, just after a fresh implementation of skype for business 2019, with default settings without any modification??

Because I am not able to make conference after the implementation, is there any setting I have to adjust in the SFB server??

Thursday, February 21, 2019 11:57 PM
  • Hi,

Seems you want to start a conference call with multiple people just by one click?

If that's what you want, it is available to schedule the meeting by right clicking the group name like the following, just put the users together in that group.

Please correct me if I misunderstood.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 22, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Hi friends,
    Can we make a conference with more than two participants 
    just after a fresh implementation of a Skype for business enterprise server 2019 
    with default settings without any modification ??

Because i am not able to make conference after the implementation...is there any setting i have to adjust in the SFB server??? 
    -New implementation
    -it is not hybrid (on premises only)
    -No federation

It is a very basic simple implementation of the skype for business enterprise edition, with one pool and one server...

It is working internal the company, still i didn’t publish it...
    i need also to know if u can help me, what are the external records that can be created in the external dns to publish (IM, video, and audio) services, 
    and is it necessary to create edge server or not??
    Sunday, February 24, 2019 7:30 AM
  • Hi Eng.Ahmed Mokhtar,

Do you mean you could not make a conference with more than two participants? If the SFB Server 2019 are deployed correctly, you could make conferences with others(two or more). 

According to your description, I suggest you could try to check whether you have configured Simple URLs in your Topology Builder, such as Meeting URLs. Please also check whether you have configured the internal DNS record for the meeting URL, and make sure the certificate in the FE servers have meeting URLs as SAN.  You could refer to the following blog to check the steps about installing the SFB Server 2019: Step-By-Step: Installation of Skype For Business Server 2015, it is similar as SFB Server 2019. 

About the Edge Server, if users need to use SFB client in the external environment, you need to configure it. About how to configure it you could refer to the following blog: Skype for Business 2015 Edge Pool Deployment

The external DNS records requirement you could refer to the following screenshot:

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 25, 2019 7:49 AM
  • Hi Ahmed,

also check your conferencing policy:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csconferencingpolicy?view=skype-ps

-MaxMeetingSize

Monday, February 25, 2019 9:08 AM
  • Hi Eng.Ahmed Mokhtar,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 28, 2019 6:06 AM