none
some clients can not search for contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning, we have a Skype for business 2015 server. Some users are not able to search for local contacts. However, this seems to be an issue with the workstation. The same user can sign on to a different workstation and it functions correctly. The PCs are all from the same Image. the skype client is the same for all workstations as well. I am completely baffled by this. I have installed Skype for business at several different locations, this is the only place I am having this issue.

Thank you in advance

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Scott,

By this issue, we know it occur to the specific PC, we suggest you do the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1. rebuild his SFB profile on this specific PC
    2. If not, please do a clean boot on this PC
    3. Or place this PC into same subnet with working PC to check if the issue was caused by subnet

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Akampa Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:25 AM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:08 AM
  • It would be important to note whether or not you're using Server based Search or GAL download. That will help narrow down if the issue is with the client making the search request to the server or if the client is having trouble downloading the address book file from the server.
    • Proposed as answer by Akampa Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:25 AM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 2:16 PM