none
Back to Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Enterpise RRS feed

• Question

• When I tried to install Windows 10 Pro it was installed Windows 10 Enterprise that I haven't license for. When I tried to create ICO USB with Windows 10 Pro or Home by guide "how to download a windows 10 iso without the media creation tool" it's anyway started installation with Windows 10 Enterprise (I think it happens automatically when it prepare installing). Also I tried this approach  "downgrade from windows 10 pro to home". What can I do to backup to properly Windows version?
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hello,

It seems you're not asked for selection of Windows edition while doing the clean install. Please refer this fix and let me know if it works for you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-cant-select-windows-10-edition-during-clean-installation

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP. 

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 3:14 PM
  • Degrade to Windows Home edition from Enterprise edition needs installation image, it’s necessary. According to your description, you have created a USB installation media with Windows 10 Pro or Home, that’s good, but can’t choose proper Windows edition when clean install.

Let’s try the following steps:

1.View your USB installation media in File Explorer

2. Open Notepad and copy/paste following piece of code in Notepad:

[Channel]

Retail

3. save the file with the name ei.cfg

4.copy the ei.cfg file and paste it into Sources folder of Windows 10 image folder.

Finally, use this installation media to reinstall your system, this time you will see edition choose interface.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:00 AM