none
Remote Desktop services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm new to remote desktop services, as i recently build up 2 connection broker (HA with dns roundrobin) + 2 session host (farm). What we wanted to achieve is to have user session/application (especially Microsoft office half way of doing) failover when one of the session host is failed due to hardware or OS problem. I found some of the forum claimed that it normally will need to reconnect to available session host and reopen the application where all the non save data is gone. Any alternative solution?

I need some advise on this..

Thanks.

• Edited by Wayneloh Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:40 AM
    Sunday, November 17, 2019 3:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There is polling intervals for connection broker to detach the broke/non-responding Session Host. 

Detail explanation about the polling interval, you can reference below article:
    http://microsoftplatform.blogspot.com/2011/01/rd-connection-broker-and-its-polling.html

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

So, there will be about around 1 minute for connection broker to determine the broke/non-responding Session Host, and during this time, new remote desktop session request and existing session to the broke/non-responding session host may prompts error, and session connection reattempt may make the Connection broker to direct request to another working one.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 18, 2019 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang  

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:26 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, November 22, 2019 2:07 AM