none
CCE - PSTN Conference is not working. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have CCE setup in China and other locations.  From skype client to PSTN calls are working, but unable to add 2nd PSTN in the conference, Skype throws error  "An Error Occurred".

Is something configuration missing from cce end?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    MadhuSri

Friday, April 13, 2018 10:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• To escalate to a PSTN Conference you need to configure a Hybrid Mediation Server to pass the call from CCE to the Microsoft Audio Conferencing service, details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/skype-for-business-hybrid-solutions/plan-your-phone-system-cloud-pbx-solution/configure-cloud-connector-integration-with-your-office-365-tenant#configure-online-hybrid-mediation-server-settings

Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.
    Blog
    Skype Validator - Used to assist in the validation and documentation of Skype for Business/Lync Server.

• Marked as answer by MadhuSri011 Friday, April 13, 2018 5:12 PM
    Friday, April 13, 2018 1:59 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for the quick help.

I created a user mailbox in o365 without license. I am getting be below error says "ItemNOtFoundExpection" New account created more than a hour.

PS C:\Users\Administrator> set-CsHybridMediationServer -Identity MediationServer.Singapore@domain.com -Fqdn Mediation-SIG01.sfbhybrid.local -AccessProxyExternalFqdn APSingapore01.domain.com
    User not found.
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:String) [Set-CsHybridMediationServer], ItemNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : SessionStateException,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.SetHybridMediationServerCmdlet
        + PSComputerName        : admin2a.online.lync.com

Regards,
    MadhuSri

Friday, April 13, 2018 3:17 PM
  • Please see the following on creating the account: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/c517c675-6ce3-4bda-a61e-654c41902ae7/escalate-cce-pstn-call-to-conference-with-skype-for-business-online?forum=sfbfr#d4cecf2f-5dc8-4e4c-a13c-3bee35965300

Blog
    Skype Validator - Used to assist in the validation and documentation of Skype for Business/Lync Server.

• Marked as answer by MadhuSri011 Friday, April 13, 2018 5:12 PM
    Friday, April 13, 2018 3:56 PM
  • Wonderful. .Than you so much. It worked... :-)

I assigned E5 licences and removed after a while and then run the CShybridmedationserver PS command. It worked. 

I am seeing one more issue now, After escalate to a PSTN conference call (Skype to mobile), mobile phones calls are still active even after we hangup from Skype for business client. what could be the issue?

My 2nd query, after 30- days we have to re-run the Set-cshybridMedtaionserver PS ?

Thank you so much for your reply and help on this issue.

Regards,
    MadhuSri

Friday, April 13, 2018 5:24 PM
  • After 30 days, you'll need to re-run the set-cshybridmediationserver one more time. This is due to the SfBO de-provisioning process once a license is removed.

The Mobile is now connected to a SfBO conference, unless you end the conference it won't auto disconnect participants. You can test this by grabbing the conference join information and reconnecting.

Blog

Friday, April 13, 2018 5:41 PM
  • Hi Michael,

I tested by dialing 3 mobile pones and we have to disconnect the mobile phones manually even after we end the conference from SfB, is this a normal behavior?

Can i run set-cshybridmedationserver before 30 days? to make sure PSTN conference is not effected.

one more last question: I have two CCE servers in each location, but we are using one CCE mediation server to set hybrid mediation server, what happen when i fail back to 2nd server? should i re run the command to update the 2nd server? 

Much appreciated and thank you so much for all the support on this issue.

Regards,
    MadhuSri

Friday, April 13, 2018 8:37 PM
  • Do you have the same behavior if you call into a SFBO schedule meeting from a mobile to the Dialin bridge?

Running the command before the 30days will yield no change, after 30 days the account is triggered for license de-provisioning. At that time the hybridmediationserver attributes get cleared. 

You should create a hybridmediationserver for each Connector.

Blog

Friday, April 13, 2018 9:32 PM
  • Hi Michael,

No issues when someone joined SfBo meeting from mobile,  once SFB end the conference session all participants from mobile will get disconnected automatically. 

Thanks,
    MS

Friday, April 13, 2018 11:54 PM
  • One more issue i am facing now when we add PSTN/Mobile number in the conference. 

1.Users with Audio Conference license , they are not able to add 2nd Pstn/ mobile number. We are getting error "" +86 xxxxxxx cannot be found.  "Please check the address and try again

2. I created a test account without Audio Conference licenses --> its working fine.

Any thing need to be checked?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    MadhuSri

• Edited by MadhuSri011 Monday, April 16, 2018 11:57 AM Few changes
    Monday, April 16, 2018 9:33 AM