none
Skype for Business CCE deployment issue RRS feed

• Question

• I encounter an error when installing the Cloud Connector (Install-CcAppliance) Version 2.0.1:

WARNING: Set-CsCertificate failed.

Command execution failed: "83A0DF9CAADA542E4B78745683FFBEA8C3045DF1" not found in MY certificate store or not trusted

Any ideas? I've installed the certificate manually on the edge server and included the full certificate chain in Trusted Root CA

Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Atalamadoooo,

It looks like something wrong with your certificate, please make sure you import the certificate “83A0DF9CAADA542E4B78745683FFBEA8C3045DF1” in to Trusted Certification Authorities, then re-request certificate and resign it to check if the issue persists.

I will share a document about deploying CCE
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt605228.aspx

Here is another document about how to troubleshoot CCE
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt740658.aspx

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 20, 2017 2:46 AM
  • Thanks for the response, I have and it still fails unfortuntely
    Friday, October 20, 2017 3:57 AM
  • CertUtil: -importPFX command completed successfully.
    WARNING: Set-CsCertificate failed.
    WARNING: Detailed results can be found at
    "C:\Users\Administrator.NUDGE-SERVICES\AppData\Local\Temp\Set-CsCertificate-2a525063-bd6f-4eea-ab1f-384bb92f1f23.html".
    Parent registry key for CCE server role doesn't exist on VM : Edge, will create a new one.
    Creating server role registry key on VM : Edge.
    NotSpecified: (:String) [], RemoteException
    At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\CloudConnector\Internal\MtSetup.ps1:355 char:13
    +             Invoke-Command -ComputerName $machineIP -Credential $domainAdminCred ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:String) [], RemoteException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError

Opening online connection...
    Online connection established.
    Calling Set-CsCceApplianceDeploymentStatus -Identity b2a478e5-0eec-4555-98ca-699b975ec3de -Action Deploy -Status Error -
    Error Action=ManualDeploy; Error=Unknown; Detail=Failed to install new instance with error: NotSpecified: (:String) [],
    RemoteException -Version 2.0.1
    Remove online connection.
    Management service is not running as CceService account. Exit manual maintenance mode.
    NotSpecified: (:String) [], RemoteException
    At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\CloudConnector\Internal\MtSetup.ps1:355 char:13
    +             Invoke-Command -ComputerName $machineIP -Credential $domainAdminCred ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:String) [], RemoteException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError
        + PSComputerName        : 192.168.213.5
    Friday, October 20, 2017 4:25 AM
  • Hi Atalamadooo,

Thanks for your response.

I found a similar case with the same error message, please refer to
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/410d38a0-8d21-4a71-b495-9f48f4002125/cce-142-warning-setcscertificate-failed?forum=sfbfr

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 9:08 AM
  • Which account you are using to run CceService? Please go to Services.msc and check CceService properties > Log on tab. 

Error-1

"Management service is not running as CceService account. Exit manual maintenance mode."

Solution
    And you can delete current Cceservice account at the Hyper-V computer's Computer Management > Local Users and Groups  and run again. 

Error-2

"Invoke-Command -ComputerName $machineIP -Credential $domainAdminCred ..."

Solution
    You may need to delete both "Credentials...Administrator.xml and "Credentials...Cceservice.xml files under "C:\ProgramData\CloudConnector\" and re-run

"Register-CcAppliance"

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 10:10 AM