none
User cannot sign in to Skype mobile app RRS feed

• Question

• We use Skype for Business thru our Office 365 account. We have a single user who cannot sign into Skype for Business on her Android phone. She just keeps getting: "We can't sign you in.  Please try again." Sometimes it will sign her in for a couple of seconds and she can see her Skype contacts, and then that message will pop up and sign her out.

No one else has problems using Skype for Business on their phone. She has no problem using Skype for Business on her desktop. I tried removing and reinstalling Skype for Business on her phone and clearing the cache. That did not help. In fact, that made it worse as it would immediately give an error without signing her in at all. Other than factory resetting her phone (which is not an option, as it's her personal phone, not a work phone), I don't have any more ideas.

She also has the Outlook App on her phone and that works perfectly. She has no problem signing in to it. What is my next step in fixing this? I am stumped. I thought of opening a ticket with Office 365 but then they will be calling me and wanting the user to do stuff, which would be hard to coordinate as the user is in a different building than me and may not be available when the technician calls me.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Margaret A-L,

In order to narrow down the issue scope, please do a cross check as the following steps:

1.You could try to sign in other mobile devices with the problem user account.

2.Use other user accounts to sign in the problem mobile device.

Please provide me with the results and I will do a further analysis.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 5:21 AM
  • Hi Margaret A-L,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:14 AM
  • I am still waiting for the user to try the suggestions posted here.
    Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:06 PM
  • Hi Margaret A-L,

Do you have any update?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:43 AM
  • I'm still waiting on the user.
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 4:35 PM
  • Hi Margaret A-L,

I’m still waiting for your update. If there is any update please feel free to share with us.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, December 6, 2019 10:25 AM
  • The latest update from the user is that she tried logging in and got a different popup this time, asking if she trusts a certificate. I told her to go ahead and trust it, since the certificate was showing info about lync. I have not heard back from the user since I told her that.
    Friday, December 6, 2019 6:07 PM