none
Deleted RRS feed

Answers

• ive had a quick look at the install-csdatabase cmdlet and the optional parameter of -excludecollocatedstores does...

When present, suppresses a warning message telling you that any collocated database stores must be installed on the local computer.

So there you have it dude.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi shadowtuck,

Please try to run the command "Test-CsDatabase -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn" as Admin in SFB Mgmt shell in your environment to take a look at the database info of "lcslog", "lcscdr" and "QoEMetrics".

Also, to know the location of the servers that host the monitoring and archiving services, from SFB Mgmt shell, run the following commands:

Get-CsService -MonitoringDatabase

Get-CsService -ArchivingDatabase

After that, please compare the SQL server FQDN with the datasource and poolfqdn.

As to the backend server which have those databases collocated, all of them are in the same fqdn with SQL server store. 

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 8:48 AM
  • Deleted
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:41 PM
  • Hi Shadowtuck, 

My understanding (which I could easily be corrected on) is they are talking about your monitoring and archiving databases when they say "collocated databases", in the install instructions theres usually a separate part for directors, mediation and monitoring and archiving servers.. that being said, I almost always collocate monitoring on the same back end and have never used the -exclude switch.. hope that helps. If memory serves me right the output you've put above shows the expected and actual version the same, so.. thats correct isn't it?

Hope that helps.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:35 PM
  • Deleted
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:40 PM
  • ive had a quick look at the install-csdatabase cmdlet and the optional parameter of -excludecollocatedstores does...

When present, suppresses a warning message telling you that any collocated database stores must be installed on the local computer.

So there you have it dude.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:58 PM
  • Hi Shadowtuck,

Collocated databases means in the same instance or in standard edition it is installed on the FE itself.

I personally use this commands:

Test command:

$SQL = Get-CsManagementConnection | Select-Object -ExpandProperty sqlserver
    Test-CsDatabase -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn $SQL | select-object DatabaseName, SqlInstanceName, ExpectedVersion, InstalledVersion

Update command:

$SQL = Get-CsManagementConnection | Select-Object -ExpandProperty sqlserver
    Install-CsDatabase -Update -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn $SQL

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:23 PM
  • Deleted
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:43 PM