none
Polycom CX600 - Mute Button Greyed Out RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are currently using an on-site installation of Skype for Business Server and clients. We also use Polycom CX600 phones. I have noticed that the "Mute" button is greyed out in the application. All of the other buttons are available.

How can this be fixed so that you're able to mute the phone through the application?

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 12:00 PM

All replies

• Looks like its a known issue... If you switch to another audio device and return back to Phone, the mute button should work. Reference: https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/172/t/345638

www.rtcpedia.com - A real time communications blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 12:38 PM
  • Yes, I posted a thread there referencing the thread you linked to. I was directed here. It was mentioned that since it's an on-site installation, it may be different from Office 365.
    Wednesday, April 13, 2016 12:44 PM
  • Hi,

Did the Polycom CX600 device update to the latest firmware?

If not, update it and then test again.

Also, you could test reset the device.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 18, 2016 8:57 AM
  • Hello,

It does appear that there is an update available (the phone is currently running 4.0.7577.4100 and I just downloaded 4.0.7577.4487). However, I notice that the system requirements mention only Lync Server 2010 and 2013. Will they work with Skype for Business 2015?

//www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23866

Monday, April 18, 2016 2:06 PM
  • Okay, I updated the phone to the latest firmware (I used the link above - hopefully that was correct) but the mute icon is still greyed out on the computer.
    Monday, April 18, 2016 4:45 PM
  • I have same issue , cx600 latest firmware and latest sfb client.

mute button grey out when join meeting.

Any advise?

Thursday, November 24, 2016 2:16 PM