none
Decommission OCS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I am trying to decommission our OCS 2007 environment. I am getting errors in this process. Is there a way to forcefully remove in a clean way??? So i don't have to spend time troubleshooting decommissioning errors.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi The Exchanger,

I recommend you do the following steps:

1. In the OCS 2007 R2 Administrative Console, expand Standard Edition Servers, expand your servers computer name and then right click the “Users” container and click “Delete Users”. Follow the presented wizard to remove all OCS attributes from your SIP enabled user accounts.
    2. Right click your servers computer name and select “Deactivate”, then proceed to deactivate each role in the following order. Performing these steps in the incorrect order will impact the uninstallation of the product.
    3. Once the deactivation is complete, go to the control panel of your server and select either Add/Remove Programs or Programs & Features depending on your operating system version. Proceed and remove the following services in the below order.
    4. Demote your server from the domain and proceed to delete it’s Active Directory computer account and its associated DNS A and SRV records.

The detailed steps can be referred to: http://www.b4z.co.uk/tag/uninstalling-microsoft-office-communications-server-2007-r2.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 23, 2019 6:53 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:27 AM
  • Hi , I am Madona a tech enthusiast , I am working for OCS  2007 which is a platform for communication . It gives you several options from MS. it is must required in this time. You can contact with me through my page.

https://www.facebook.com

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:13 AM