Contacts bar not showing in skype after a fresh install RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently purchased Office 365 with Skype For Business. After installing the lot, I can´t use Skype because no Contacts Bar is Showing up. Can´t add any contacts.

Please assist me or route me to a solution page.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 4:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Halldor!

Do you mean you cannot see the Contacts icon normally in Skype for Business?

What is your Skype for Business Client version?

Could you provide more details screenshot about this issue?

This issue is so strange if it is your first time to install Skype for Business.

Given that your subscription is Office 365 Business Essential with Skype for Business basic client. I suggest you try to re-install the client and check if the issue persists. The link is:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49440

Meanwhile, you can also try to clear the cache of Skype for Business and see if helps:

* Navigate to the %localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync folder.

* Delete your sip profile folder

* Go into the Tracing folder

* Delete the all files, but not the folders

If you want to know how to add a contact in your organization, you can refer to the following link:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/add-a-contact-in-skype-for-business-89338023-2adf-4f5c-90b6-f8b6f72fadd1

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 19, 2020 6:17 AM
  • Hi, and thanks for the help.

I had to uninstall the office 365 pack because it was an click to run installation.

After installing skype, it looks like it´s working. At least I can chat with people.

But one big problem persists - now I can install the office 365 pack again !! Do you have any idea what to do with that problem?

Best regards/Halldor

Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:39 PM
  • Thank you for the thread
    Sunday, March 22, 2020 6:42 PM
  • Hi Halldor!

I am glad to hear you have resolved this issue by uninstall Office 365 pack.

Based on my knowledge, Skype for Business product is included in Office 365. 

So i don't understand why Office 365 pack is your issue? Could you tell me more details about it?

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 10:06 AM
  • Hi,
    I am checking the status of this case. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer to close the thread, it will help others who encounter the same issue and read this thread.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 2:01 AM