Right Click This PC > Manage - Does NOT Work RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

As screenshot shows, clicking on Manage do nothing for me!

Maybe it will be fixed in the next decade, when Win10 shifts from Alpha to Beta state!!!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:11 AM

All replies

• Just a suggestion :

Run a system file check to look for corrupt files.

It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste
    this.......
    sfc /scannow
    > press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    > press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

If it says " Operation successful", check if the problem is gone.

If it says " Source files could not be found", please post back.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:12 AM
  • No "Command Prompt" on Start button.
    Saturday, May 19, 2018 7:40 PM
  • No "Command Prompt" on Start button.

Old post Windows has moved on and shows PowerShell now. Perhaps post a new thread for your issue?

Search start for command right click Command Prompt and Run as administrator then follow the instructions.

Saturday, May 19, 2018 8:10 PM
  • Try Start, Windows System, Command Prompt.

Saturday, May 19, 2018 8:18 PM
  • I tried many different solutions (including the registry hacks & ShellExView ) to try and fix this issue but none of them worked for me. After some research on my own system I found a simple fix for this issue that requires no registry editing. This may or may not help you, but its worth a try because it sorted out my problem when nothing else would.

In my case this "Manage- right click problem" had nothing to do with the context menu and was caused by the Computer Management snap-in not being loaded into the system. When you right click Manage, it seems that Windows 10 sometimes doesn't load the snap-in & nothing happens. This happened to me on a fresh untouched install of Windows 10 pro (vs-1803).

Why? well I guess Modern coding may be a bit sloppy these days and because of this win 10 seems to get a bit forgetful & lazy.

Try typing this into the Run command: compmgmt.msc & in a few seconds it will load the snap-in into windows & open it. It will bring up a message that says "Loading Snap-in"

Now when you go to "This PC & try right click- Manage" it should work from now on.

Before I tried this I could always get to Computer Management from the Admin Tools in control panel, but the right click Manage from "This PC" would never work until the snap-in was properly loaded using the run command.

Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:50 PM
  • For me it opens the Computer Management snap-in quite happily.

You can, also, reach this by > WinX or Rt Clk Win logo & click on Computer Management

Cheers,
    Drew

Drew - IT Pro / MS Partner/Partner Company / Windows Insider / Owner - Computer Issues

Friday, September 14, 2018 1:01 AM
  • If this is something new do a System Restore to a date before the issue appeared.

If that doesn't help, can do a Reset/Repair keeping all personal data intact. (Will have to reload any User installed software)

If, still, unchanged, then, last resort, re-install.

Also, recommend running sfc /scannow before getting too carried away w/ anything else.

Also, can check Event Viewer & Reliability Monitor for any helpful insightful info.

NB: The above stuff can all be done from w/in the OS before the MCT would (need) come into play.

Cheers,
    Drew

Drew - IT Pro / MS Partner/Partner Company / Windows Insider / Owner - Computer Issues

• Edited by Drew1903 Friday, September 14, 2018 3:22 AM
    Friday, September 14, 2018 2:59 AM