none
Change the default sip domain RRS feed

• Question

• We recently changed the sip address for all users to the primary email address.

We need to change the default sip domain now to the primary mail domain

We have already added the primary mail domain to the Skype Topology, meet url, dns and internal and external certificates

How can i rename the default sip domain and will there be any consequenses to rename it?

The old default domain will still be used and not gonna be deleted

Morten

mh

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi

Run get-cssipdomain 

see which domain is set to default 

Then run set-cssipdomain to set the new domain as default one 

After you change the default domain make sure you restart the two services --> RTCCAA and RTCCAS 

MCSA Office 365 | MCSA Exchange server 2010 | Red Hat Certified Engineer

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00 PM
  • Also keep in mind that there are other objects that get created with the default SIP domain (Audio Test Service is a good example).  If you want to remove the old SIP domain and not keep it as a secondary SIP domain (to keep certs simple), you would need to update those as well.
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:35 PM
  • The old sip domain we whant to change is still used by a few users so we can not delete it.

We have updated the meet url, dns records and certificates with the new sip domain

Is there something more i need to think about before renaming the sip domain?

Morten

mh

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:15 PM
  • If i run the set-cssipdomain  to change the default domain does it change the msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress for all sip enabled users to the new default sip domain?

We have two other sip domains that some users are enabled with

is it correct that the set-cssipdomain  command updates the RtcApplications, Conferencing, Auto Test Service with the new default sip domain?

Morten

mh

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:49 AM
  • You will have to manually change the MSRTCSIP-Primaryuseraddress attribute. Re-enable existing users with new sip domain 

If you are planning to match the SIP domain with email address (attribute), then use below

get-csuser -resultsize unlimited | enable-csuser -sipaddresstype emailaddress -registrarpool "pool1.contoso.com"

The other SIP domains will still be active but will act as additional SIP domains as there can be only one Default SIP domain

You would also need to restart Mediation server's services after changing the default domain 

Also you might want to run Update-csaddressbook once the changes take place 

Not 100% sure about your last question, but i think it should after the services are restarted and anyways you are not going to delete the old SIP domain 

MCSA Office 365 | MCSA Exchange server 2010 | Red Hat Certified Engineer

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:39 AM