none
Lync presence with skill search and office RRS feed

• Question

• We have users with email as user@email.com and for lync, they have user@lync.com (examples). We can search for the users without any issues on lync. When we search for Skills and switch the tab, users show up with presence unknown. If I open contact card for these users, they show their IM address as "user@email.com". And we'll get the IM window with presence unkown for the user, if we hover the mouse over user's name, see the contact card, and look at their IM address, it will still show "user@email.com", and when we click on the email.com link, it loads a new IM window with their correct presence and their contact card showing "user@lync.com" for IM. Can't understand why it does that. Similar behavior also on Office document like Word. When we add authors. SharePoint has been configured and is working with lync integration without any issues.
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Samir222,

For this issue, please check if it just appeared on the specific client. If the issue only happened to the specific client, please try to rebuild SFB profile and then test again.

The issue may be cause by address book not sync, so in SFB server side, please try to run the command line: Update-CsAddressBook in SFB management shell, then test if the issue persists.

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 2, 2017 5:18 AM
  • Hi Alice,

This occurs on more than 1 client.  Actually most of the client machines we're running has this issue.  On our team, I've tried running Update address book.  I'll try again.  I've also tried deleting cache (SIP Folder) from my machine, adding users to address book, downloading GAL, etc. 

I'll test and update.

Monday, June 5, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Hi Samir222,

You could also set the Lync client policy parameter "AddressBookAvailability" to the value of WebSearchOnly, then Lync client will search the address book from BE database directly.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 6:08 AM