none
Request button greyed out on the Lync monitoring server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am testing out Lync in my test environment and I have the FE with the pool01.domain.local as the certificate name. The problem is when I go to assign a certificate on my monitoring server (separate server) the request button is greyed out. The monitoring server has a cert for the server itself. I have also assigned the monitoring server to the FE via topology builder.

The strange thing is I am able to start the service on the monitoring server. Does the monitoring server need a cert for the pool?

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:48 AM

Answers

• The Monitoring server doesn't need a certificate at all. That is why it is greyed out.

This is from the CHM file:

If you are running Monitoring Server as a stand-alone server role on the computer, you can skip Step 3: Request, Install or Assign Certificates. There are no special certificate requirements for the deploying Monitoring Server.

Deploy the monitoring server reports if desired and you should be good to go.

Thom Foreman, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    • Marked as answer by Michael Vi Monday, May 23, 2011 4:13 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:33 PM
  • yes you're right thomas i am sorry for the conflict

regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread
    Friday, May 20, 2011 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The monitoring server doesn't need a pool certificate but it needs a server certificate.

one more question, is it the RC or RTM version of lync that you are using ?

regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:35 AM
  • Hi Charbel,

Thanks for the info. I'm running RTM version.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:57 AM
  • Hi there, do you still have the same problem ?
    Monday, May 16, 2011 10:46 AM
  • The Monitoring server doesn't need a certificate at all. That is why it is greyed out.

This is from the CHM file:

If you are running Monitoring Server as a stand-alone server role on the computer, you can skip Step 3: Request, Install or Assign Certificates. There are no special certificate requirements for the deploying Monitoring Server.

Deploy the monitoring server reports if desired and you should be good to go.

Thom Foreman, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:33 PM
  • yes you're right thomas i am sorry for the conflict

regards,

Friday, May 20, 2011 7:04 AM
  • Thanks for your help!!.
    Monday, May 23, 2011 4:13 AM