none
Lync Server 2010 on premises and Office 365 problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We want to use the voicemail option of Office 365 with our on premises Lync server 2010.

I've setup all settings with all the help i could find on the internet.

I've used public certificates, and also used this checklist http://help.outlook.com/en-US/140/gg702674.aspx .

When I click "Call Voicemail" in Lync communicator and check the logs, I see this error:

ms-diagnostics: 1066;reason="Shared address space routing is disabled";domain="mydomain.com";source="sip.mydomain.com"

The SRV records point to my on premises environment, because we want the clients to autodiscover.

I can federate with our 2007 R2 environment, and the lync clients can sign in without any problem.

Does anybody have a clue about what i missed?

I can also not find any information about the 1066 error.

Thanks,

Marcel.

Friday, October 28, 2011 7:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Marcel,

To integrate on-premises Lync Server 2010 with Exchange Online, you must configure a shared SIP address space (also called a split domain). The same SIP domain address space is supported by both Lync Server and the Exchange Online service.

Using the Lync Server Management Shell, configure the Edge Server for federation by running the Set-CsAccessEdgeConfiguration cmdlet using the parameters displayed in this example:

Set-CsAccessEdgeConfiguration -AllowFederatedUsers $True

And there is an article for reference. Hope it helps.

Monday, October 31, 2011 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Marcel,

To integrate on-premises Lync Server 2010 with Exchange Online, you must configure a shared SIP address space (also called a split domain). The same SIP domain address space is supported by both Lync Server and the Exchange Online service.

Using the Lync Server Management Shell, configure the Edge Server for federation by running the Set-CsAccessEdgeConfiguration cmdlet using the parameters displayed in this example:

Set-CsAccessEdgeConfiguration -AllowFederatedUsers $True

And there is an article for reference. Hope it helps.

Monday, October 31, 2011 9:37 AM
  • Hi Noya Liu,

Thanks for the help, we also found a typo in the hostedvoicepolicy.

No we have the following problem.

When I try to call voicemail i get this error.

ms-client-diagnostics: 21; reason="Call failed to establish due to a media connectivity failure where one endpoint is of unknown type";

Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Marcel.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:39 PM
  • Have you figured this out? I am getting the exact same error and I have followed the technet checklist and documentation exactly.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:15 PM
  • Hi tpullins,

We had a problem in ip configuration of the edge server.

Please double/triple check your ip configuration.

Our A/V Edge ip configuration was wrong.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:16 AM
  • I solved this one last night and I agree with your suggestion. For us it was actually improper TMG configuration for publishing the AV edge interface.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:10 PM
  • The communication (we only tested IM) from internal Lync users to federated users stopped working after created the CsHostingProvider. _sipfederationtls._tcp.domain SRV record was already in place externally.
    The problem was caused by the "Enable partner domain discovery" setting disabled on Access Edge Configuration. After enabling, the communication with partners was restored.

To configure the shared SIP address space for integrating with an Exchange UM service provider, you need to configure your Edge Server as follows:

1. Configure the Edge Server for federation by running the Set-CsAccessEdgeConfiguration cmdlet to set the following parameters:
      • UseDnsSrvRouting specifies that Edge Servers will rely on DNS SRV records when sending and receiving federation requests.
      • AllowFederatedUsers specifies whether internal users are allowed to communicate with users from federated domains. This property also determines whether internal users can communicate with users in a split domain scenario.
      • EnablePartnerDiscovery specifies whether Lync Server will use DNS records to try to discover partner domains that are not listed in the Active Directory allowed domains list. If False, Lync Server will federate only with domains that are found on the allowed domains list. This parameter is required if you use DNS service routing. In most deployments, the value is set to false to avoid opening up federation to all partners.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398067.aspx

Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:09 AM