none
Skype for Business Online profile picture Greyed Out RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

My organisation is using O365 Business Premium service and we are unable to change our profile picture via Skype for Business Client. The edit/remove picture button is greyed out.

I can still change my profile picture via OWA and it will eventually sync with my Skype for Business. Is there any way we could do this via the client? Ideally we would like our staff to be able to change their profile picture via Skype for Business just to simplify the process. Updating profile on OWA involves several steps and our users are not very familiar with OWA. It also takes a bit of time to sync.

We are currently on Hybrid Configuration with Exchange server 2016. Is this functionality supported in Hybrid Environment and Exchanged 2016?

Monday, July 9, 2018 7:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Derpingsong,

Firstly,you just could change the user’s photo in the OWA , O365 port or powershell ,you cannot change it in SFB client.

But the “Edit or Remove Picture” is grey ,Which kind of account that you sign in ?please use exchange account to sign in the Outlook ,you could refer to this link.

If you sign in the exchange account ,but the issue was still existed,I want to know this exchange account host in the exchange online or on-premise?

Did you exchange on-premise server integrate with exchange online ?if not ,please integrate them.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 3:01 AM
  • Hi Leon, 

Thank you for your reply. I am aware that we can change the Profile Picture via OWA but we would like this to be done on SFB client. I signed in with my exchange account (organisation account). See screen shot below:

The exchange account is on-premise (Azure), so we are running hybrid configuration between O365 and exchange server.

Hope that answers your question.

• Edited by Derpingsong Wednesday, July 11, 2018 4:35 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2018 1:54 AM
  • Hi Derpingsong,

If you use the exchange hybird , you could integrate exchange on-premise and exchange online separately like the following screenshot.

Step 1: Setup OAuth between Lync Server and Exchange Server.

Prerequisites for integrating Microsoft Lync Server 2013 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (Setup Autodiscover service from Exchange server and create CsOAuthConfiguration from Lync Server.)

Configuring partner applications in Microsoft Lync Server 2013 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (Configure partner applications in Lync Server and Exchange Server.) 

Step 2: Setup integration between Lync Server and Exchange Online. 

Configure integration between on-premises Skype for Business Server 2015 and Outlook Web App

Configure a hybrid environment in Skype for Business Server 2015

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 9:57 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates? If the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Monday, July 23, 2018 7:07 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Sunday, August 5, 2018 9:27 AM