none
Lync Communicator not saving Conversations

Pregunta

• Greetings,

After installing Lync Server Front-End & Lync Server Monitoring/Archiving, i noticed that the users complain that the Lync Client (Communicator) is not showing anything in the conversations tab.

I checked the Archiving Database (Lcslog) and i was able to confirm that the conversations are written in the dbo.messages table and i saw some of the IM that i was trying to test between two Users.

Archiving Policy "Internal & External Enabled" is created.

And the Archiving Policy is applied to the test User.

Any advice would be appreciated.

sábado, 15 de diciembre de 2012 13:31

Respuestas

• Archiving policy and conversation history are not related to each other. First of all check if Exchange Web Services are configured correctly, and in Lync Client Configuration (CTRL + RightClick on lync icon) you can see EWS Internal Address.

Conversation history should be visible in users Outlook, as history is written to Outlook not to lync. Also check configuration of the lync client (options / personal) if conversation should be stored. 

Marek Chmel(MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCNA)
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

sábado, 15 de diciembre de 2012 19:06

Todas las respuestas

• Archiving policy and conversation history are not related to each other. First of all check if Exchange Web Services are configured correctly, and in Lync Client Configuration (CTRL + RightClick on lync icon) you can see EWS Internal Address.

Conversation history should be visible in users Outlook, as history is written to Outlook not to lync. Also check configuration of the lync client (options / personal) if conversation should be stored. 

Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

sábado, 15 de diciembre de 2012 19:06
  • Hello Marek

Thanks for your reply, i realised from your comment that the Lync Conversation tab in Lync Client uses Exchange Web Services (EWS), i installed exchange and tested it,,,, now it works.

Thanks.

domingo, 16 de diciembre de 2012 6:42
  • You're welcome ..

domingo, 16 de diciembre de 2012 20:06
  • Moving to the Lync Forum.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

domingo, 16 de diciembre de 2012 22:12
  • Hi,

Exchange is required for the automated storage of conversations.

Archiving Server provide the feature to archive instant messaging (IM) and web conferencing communications sent through Lync Server, in order to support compliance requirements. This is different than “Conversation history”. Enabling archiving sends the IMs to the archive server's database so they can be accessed for compliance reviews. 

Conversation history enables the user to save their conversations in Outlook.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

viernes, 28 de diciembre de 2012 5:54