none
In SharePoint Online - where do I go to upload site templates; And where do I go to Save Site As a Template? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

In SharePoint Online -

1) Where do I go to upload site templates, so users can create site using that template?
    2) Where do I go to Save Site As a Template?

I do NOT see the Save Site As Template link in Site settings.

Thanks.

• Edited by ran009 Tuesday, July 30, 2019 10:56 PM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 10:55 PM

Answers

• Hi ran009, 

Yes, we cannot see "Save Site As Template" link in Site settings.

You need to add this URL "/_layouts/savetmpl.aspx" at the end of the site,  You will be redirected to the page from where you can save the site.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by ran009 Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:59 PM
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 7:54 AM

All replies

• Hi ran009, 

Upload the site template file to a solutions gallery, activate it, then users can create site using that template:

1. Navigate to the top-level site of your site collection.
    2. Click Settings, and then click Site Settings.
    3. In the Web Designer Galleries section, click Solutions.
    4. To upload the solution, in the Commands group, click Upload, and then in the Add a Document dialog box, click Browse. Then, in the Choose File to Upload dialog box, locate the file, select it, click Open, and then click OK.
    5. To activate the solution, on the activate solution confirmation screen, in the Commands group, click Activate.

Per my test, Save Site As Template is not displayed in site settings page, to save site as template:

Open the site in SharePoint Designer, in the home page, Click on “Site Options”, you will get prompt, In the "Parameters"  Tab, you can find "SaveSiteAsTempalteEnabled", set it to true.

Add this URL "/_layouts/savetmpl.aspx" at the end of the site,  You will be redirected to the following page from where you can save the site.

SharePoint Online – How to enable “Save Site As Template” Option for your reference:

http://sharepointsilo.com/sharepoint-online-how-to-enable-save-site-as-template-option/

Besides, take a look at the following article:

https://sharepointmaven.com/2-reasons-why-you-cannot-save-site-as-template-in-sharepoint/

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 3:23 AM
  • Hi Lisa

In SPD, I changed SaveSiteAsTemplateEnabled to true, but I still do NOT see the Save Site As Template link in Site settings. Any thoughts please?

Thanks.

PS: I tried trueTRUE, and 1. But nothing worked.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 11:35 PM
  • Hi ran009, 

Yes, we cannot see "Save Site As Template" link in Site settings.

You need to add this URL "/_layouts/savetmpl.aspx" at the end of the site,  You will be redirected to the page from where you can save the site.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

• Marked as answer by ran009 Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:59 PM
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 7:54 AM