none
In SharePoint Online Modern UI, where do I create a new subsite? Earlier there was a button in SIte Contents page. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

In SharePoint Online Modern UI, where do I create a new subsite? Earlier there was a button in SIte Contents page.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:11 PM

Answers

• Hello Ran009,

In case you have tried all the options suggested above including Tenant level settings and issue is persistent across all site collections (Modern and classic), i would recommend to raise a incident with MS support to look into the back end of your tenant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

• Marked as answer by ran009 Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:18 PM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Sub Site option is still there. Please make sure that you have the admin permissions to create the sub site.

Also, it may be the case that your Tenant Admin has disabled this feature at tenant level from SharePoint Admin.

SharePoint Admin Center -> Settings -> Sub Site Creation

SharePoint Admin Center Settings:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:03 AM
  • Hi Neeraj

I am Site Collection Admin and SharePoint Admin - still I do not see "Subsite" in the list (I do see rest of the options though). Just "Subsite" is missing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:18 PM
  • Hi ran009,

Whether you can create subsite in the classic experience?

Try to switch another user account with full control and check again.

Go to site settings->Site administration->sites and workspaces, check if you can create subsite in it.

Go to site settings->Page layout and Site template, check if you select Subsites can use any site template in the Subsite Templates section.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, June 14, 2019 9:52 AM
  • Hi Ran,

Might be subsite creation option disabled at tenant level, to enable login to your admin center and from left navigation select setting and search for Subsite creation option and check whether is Hided or not.

if that option is not hided then try to create sub site from some other site collection and if still issue persist then open a service request to Microsoft to check the issue..

Thivagar SEGAR
    [If this Post helps you, then please don't forget to mark it answer or Vote for this post]

Friday, June 14, 2019 12:18 PM
  • Hi ran009,

Is there any update on your issue? Please feel free to let us know the process of you.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:19 AM
  • Hi Grace,

I am still waiting for a resolution.

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:22 PM
  • Hello Ran009,

In case you have tried all the options suggested above including Tenant level settings and issue is persistent across all site collections (Modern and classic), i would recommend to raise a incident with MS support to look into the back end of your tenant.

• Marked as answer by ran009 Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:18 PM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:24 AM