none
Centralized management of Outlook signatures

Question

• Good day,

What kind of solutions are you using for managing users' signatures in Exchange Online / Outlook ?

BR, Ruslan

Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Nothing that Microsoft offers, but there are few third-party products that do a good job. Look them up online, no need to spam here with links.
    Thursday, May 23, 2019 5:55 PM
  • Hi Vasil, I am a big fan of your blog!

I've seen some descriptions of third party tools. Most of them seem to be using transport rules to get the messages from your tenant, throught their system, then back to your tenant..

I was wondering if that will generate more hops for each message, put more info into headers and eventually make mailflow troubleshooting more difficult.

BR, Ruslan

Friday, May 24, 2019 7:49 AM
  • Using transport rules/redirecting mail flow is the only way to ensure you can apply the same signature across all devices. But yeah, it adds complexity and can lead to potential problems with mail flow, or even security/compliance as we've seen in the recently discussed MTA exploit: https://www.zdnet.com/article/russian-cyberspies-are-using-one-hell-of-a-clever-microsoft-exchange-backdoor/

But until Microsoft provides a proper solution to manage signatures centrally, third-party tools offer the best experience. When it comes to signatures that is :)

Saturday, May 25, 2019 6:59 AM
  • Hi Ruslan,

Does the suggestion above help? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:36 AM