none
mapping network drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    I am trying to get a new windows 10 machine to work with our offices small business server 2012. I went through the server and did all the updates, changed the iis over to use .net 4.0 on the communications, that worked, the windows 10 machine got the <myserver>/connect installed the software, it's on the desktop.

When I log in using an administrator username and password, I can not access the drives on the server. It says I do not have the proper permissions to do so.

I'm in as an admin! 

Am I missing something here? How do I map a drive from the server to this machine with no needing to log in everytime to the server.

Thank you
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:50 PM

All replies

• HI
    HI
    "When I log in using an administrator username and password, I can not access the drives on the server. It says I do not have the proper permissions to do so."
    1 have you finish adding the new wi10 to the wse2012 AD domain by using essentials connector ?
    2 have created a shared folder(e.g. folder name "share") on wse2012 and give domain users read permission for this shared folder ?if we did not that we can refer my picture to create a shared folder on wse 2012 and give the permission to domain users (or your specified user group)

3 finally we can do map drive on win10
    Map a network drive
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026635/windows-map-a-network-drive 

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 4:03 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:29 AM
  • HI
    Is there anything to help you?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:38 AM
  • HI
    If the answer is helpful for you ,can you help me to mark as answer. Microsoft values your comments, thanks for your cooperation. Thanks a lot

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:14 AM