none
Timer Jobs In SharePoint Online RRS feed

• Question

• We are looking to migrate our SharePoint 2010 environment to SharePoint Online, however, one of out custom lists has a timer job to run a series of calculations on the numbers and update as needed every morning. With no timer jobs in SPO what is the best way to achieve this with what is available?

Thanks in advance
    Friday, November 4, 2011 3:04 PM

Answers

• About your only alternative is to create a custom action for SPD workflows using Visual Studio.  Then deploy that as a Sandbox solution.  Once you have done that you can create a SharePoint Designer workflow that invokes the action every morning and then restarts itself to wait for tomorrow.
    Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP Chief SharePoint
    Architect: Sharesquared Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.
    • Marked as answer by CMCS Wednesday, November 9, 2011 10:56 AM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 4:49 PM

All replies

• About your only alternative is to create a custom action for SPD workflows using Visual Studio.  Then deploy that as a Sandbox solution.  Once you have done that you can create a SharePoint Designer workflow that invokes the action every morning and then restarts itself to wait for tomorrow.
    Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP Chief SharePoint
    Architect: Sharesquared Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.
    • Marked as answer by CMCS Wednesday, November 9, 2011 10:56 AM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 4:49 PM
  • I'm not very well versed on the platform, but Azure (probably using its web or full VM roles) may be another option you can look at. You'd have to set up a running service to do the polling similar to what Paul describes, but it is another option to consider, and one that would offer you more control and flexibility for your solution.

John

MCITP and MCTS: SharePoint, Virtualization, Project Server 2007
    My books on Amazon: The SharePoint 2010 Disaster Recovery Guide and The SharePoint 2007 Disaster Recovery Guide.
    My blog: My Central Admin.
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 1:30 PM
  • Hello CMCS.

Did you resolve this problem ?

How did you do that ?

Thanks in advance

--- Mauricio

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:30 PM