none
SharePoint online List permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to SPOL, i have created a list and designed a form by using power apps for that list, i need to hide some list fields

to all Ad users and show all fields to the admin user how can i achieve this.

secondly, i want to learn power apps where can i??

Regards

Rabbani

RaSa

Friday, September 14, 2018 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Syed, 

I am relatively new as well, however I believe that you would want to make a couple views for your SharePoint library.

To do this, open up your library and then select the "Library" button on the bar at the top.  Once in there you should see the create view button.  You could create a new view with the restricted columns and then set it as your default.  You can then create a second view as a private view for the admin users, which would show all columns.

There may be a better way, but this is how I have achieved similar situations in the past.

Friday, September 14, 2018 5:38 PM
  • which one to select for creating a restricted column views

RaSa

Sunday, September 16, 2018 5:47 AM
  • Hi Syed_Rabbani, 

From your description, you want to hide SharePoint list form columns based on user permissions.

There is no OOTB way to achieve this in SharePoint, you might design the forms with custom code.

Similar issue post for your reference:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/234675/conditionally-hide-a-metadata-field-based-on-users-permission

You can create a new thread in PowerApps forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=PowerApps

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 17, 2018 8:59 AM
  • You must manipulate the Visible property of the datacard you want to conditionally show. To the formula pass an If expression where you check who is the current user.

To learn PowerApps, you may check the official documentation or edX.org.

Monday, September 17, 2018 11:22 AM
  • i did that , i will explain in detail, i have two lists one all AD users should see that list  for raising a fault ticket to helpdesk admin, then help desk admin will logs in to SPO and assign the calls to helpdesk assistants

how permission can help me in this situation

thanks and appropriate your time

RaSa

Saturday, September 22, 2018 10:53 AM