none
How can I set a deletion policy for subsites?

Question

• I have a site collection and looking to create some subsites, but I want the subsites to have a site deletion policy automatically set every time a subsite is created. For instance, I want the subsites to get automatically deleted after 3 years. How can I go about doing this either by configuration, or by some kind of code? I have never had to do this before, so I would really appreciate the help.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Spawn10,

To set a deletion policy for subsites, do the following steps:

Step 1: Create a custom site policy

Navigate to the root site collection->Site Settings->Site Policies->Create a custom site policy:

Step 2: Apply a custom site policy to a sub site

Navigate to sub sites->Site Settings->Site Closure and Deletion->Choose the site policy you created:

Refer to the following article about how to set site closure and deletion policies in SharePoint Online step by step:

http://sharepointmaven.com/how-to-set-site-closure-and-deletion-policies-in-sharepoint-online/

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 21, 2017 3:06 AM
  • Hi Spawn10,

Is there something update?

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 24, 2017 9:25 AM
  • Hi Spawn10,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Whether your issue is solved.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 1:29 AM