none
Modern experience teamsite search missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

When I create a new teamsite (modern experience), I can't seem to find the search bar?
    Is there some kind of way to bring it out in the navigation, the same way it is on communication sites?

If not, then how does one start a search from within a teamsite?

-Michael

mic

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

The search box is shown at the top of the page in the suite header in both modern team sites and communications sites as below:

More information check the thread: Search box changes in modern SharePoint and OneDrive experiences

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:55 AM
  • Hi Grace,

Thank you for answering.

But see there is my problem. First of all the search box is not on the top of any site I have, and second of all, it is not present at all on the teamsites.

I had to give up finding it, and just recreate the sites. On some teamsites it works though, but on them the search box is on the right side, just above the navigation.

None of the sites I create have the search box located like in the your screenshots.

Best regards,

Michael

mic

Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:20 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Based on the link I provide above, Microsoft engineer mentioned the updated search box experience expect to resume roll out to remaining production customers in February 2020. It might be not rolled out for your tenant.

And whether you disable “Quick Launch” in the existing site? By disabling "Quick Launch" in the SharePoint site settings, it is normal for the search bar to disappear from the home page of the site, precisely because "Quick Launch" is designed to aid site navigation, and by default it is enabled when creating a new site. However, the search bar will still be enabled in document libraries so that you can search for folders and files.

If you need further help about this new search box experience, you can submit a ticket to ask for support from Microsoft to verify if you tenant is rolled out this update.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:00 AM
  • Hi Michael,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:59 AM