personal folders location change button is not available RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The button to change the location of personal folder like desktop and My documents is not there.

Window insider versionMy Documents location

Cherif Benammar

Monday, July 13, 2020 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you redirect My Documents by using group policy folder redirection, the option to modify the location of the My Documents folder is not available when you view properties of the My Documents folder.

Please check if you have enabled any GPO to update the folder redirection and below are details for complete path to storage location.

The path to the My Documents folder is stored in the following registry key, where complete path to storage location is the path to your storage location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Value Name: Personal

Value Type: REG_SZ

Value Data: complete path to storage location

Any modification from the default is recorded in the following location and the preceding path is also updated:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Value Name: Personal

Value Type: REG_SZ

Value Data: complete path to storage location

Reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310746/configuration-of-the-my-documents-folder

This "Windows 10 General" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

Thanks,

Jenny

"Windows 10 General" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 General"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2020 5:59 AM