Cannot Sync Address Book in Office Communicator RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

We recently deployed Office Communicator and we cannot Sync the Address Book.
    We have configured it correctly using the BPOS Sign In CLient but get the error:

Your password is required to synchronize with the corporate address book.

I have entered my correct BPOS password and other users are getting this error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    - Peter  
    Friday, November 19, 2010 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hi :)

I've the same problem.

In that time, OCS has many worries. This can range from the inability to add contacts to the inability to connect.
    I recommend you to open a support ticket and see what they tell you. I still have no answer...

Regards,

Jimmy

Jimmy Marchetto - Evaluant (www.cumulos.fr & www.overthecloud.fr)
    • Proposed as answer by Jimmy Marchetto Friday, November 19, 2010 4:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by RintPete Friday, November 19, 2010 4:56 PM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 4:37 PM

All replies

• Hi :)

I've the same problem.

In that time, OCS has many worries. This can range from the inability to add contacts to the inability to connect.
    I recommend you to open a support ticket and see what they tell you. I still have no answer...

Regards,

Jimmy

Jimmy Marchetto - Evaluant (www.cumulos.fr & www.overthecloud.fr)
    • Proposed as answer by Jimmy Marchetto Friday, November 19, 2010 4:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by RintPete Friday, November 19, 2010 4:56 PM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 4:37 PM
  • We too recently wanted to use Communicator 2007 R2 as part of the Microsoft Online (BPOS) subscription in Europe.

Unfortunately when Communicator starts after the Microsoft Online Services Sign-In runs (and configures communicator), Communicator asks for a password.  The pop-up screen contains:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Communicator Services Sign-In

ACCOUNT:  <bpos account name / email address>

USER NAME: <red002\firstname.lastname_<xx>.e

PASSWORD:

! Type your credentials to access the corporate address book.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entering the same password as the BPOS user fails.

I see many posts on this issue but no real solutions as the posts seem to discuss having a Communicator Server which we don't have or even expect to have using Microsoft Online/BPOS.

I would expect Communicator to log in and allow me to see the presense of other users in the same subscription account.

Is it possible that Communicator is not recognising that Microsoft Online (BPOS) is not enabled and therefore thinks it needs to connect to an on-site presence Communications Server?  For the record, this HAS been enabled in the BPOS Administration panel.

• Proposed as answer by Robert McClain Monday, February 21, 2011 1:56 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Robert McClain Monday, February 21, 2011 1:57 PM
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 9:03 AM
  • I ran into this same issue. What I did was to setup communicator so that it did not automatically start at windows startup. You can then start it from the BPOS sign-in application after it starts.

Robert McClain

Monday, February 21, 2011 1:58 PM