How to Export Exchange Online Mailbox to PST format? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I am using Office 365 (or we can also say Exchange Online) since December 2016. I have lot of emails, contacts and calendar items in my Office 365 account. But now due to some personal and other issues, I don’t want use Office 365 any more. I want to migrate some other desktop based email clients applications like Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.. So, would anyone please give a perfect and best way to backup Office 365 Mailbox to PST file or any other formats so that I can use exporter PST it in MS Outlook. 

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
    Bruce Anderson
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Bruce.

Welcome to Microsoft Social Technet Community.

Sure, we are here to provide you a better and best solution of your query. First, you should try the solution suggested by MVP.

As per your issue or query, I Would like to suggest you one of the best Office365Export tool on the behalf of my personal experience. I want to make sure that this is the perfect and best way to backup Exchange Online mailbox to PST step by step without any issue. This Office365Export tool export Exchange Online mailbox to PST, EML and MSG also. You can use these exported files in supported email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. (Yes, Exchange Online also known as Office 365 Cloud).

Thanks & Regards,
    Kelvin Howard

• Marked as answer by BruceA10 Saturday, March 31, 2018 10:23 AM
    • Edited by Kelvin Howard Monday, May 7, 2018 11:40 AM
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:05 AM

All replies

• There is no direct way to export to PST server-side, only some workarounds are available, such as performing an eDiscovery search. Your best option is to do the export clients-side, i.e. use Outlook: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Export-or-backup-email-contacts-and-calendar-to-an-Outlook-pst-file-14252b52-3075-4e9b-be4e-ff9ef1068f91?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Thursday, January 11, 2018 7:57 AM
  • Hi Bruce.

Sure, we are here to provide you a better and best solution of your query. First, you should try the solution suggested by MVP.

As per your issue or query, I Would like to suggest you one of the best Office365Export tool on the behalf of my personal experience. I want to make sure that this is the perfect and best way to backup Exchange Online mailbox to PST step by step without any issue. This Office365Export tool export Exchange Online mailbox to PST, EML and MSG also. You can use these exported files in supported email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. (Yes, Exchange Online also known as Office 365 Cloud).

Thanks & Regards,
    Kelvin Howard

• Marked as answer by BruceA10 Saturday, March 31, 2018 10:23 AM
    • Edited by Kelvin Howard Monday, May 7, 2018 11:40 AM
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:05 AM
  • Hi BruceA10,

I assume you have E3 or some other O365 license that may allow you to configure outlook profile for your mailbox. Simplest way out is to configure your email profile and use Export option to export your mailbox to PST . 

Other wise the next option is to export out using Azure shared storage , which certainly invokes more steps you would like to avoid.

Aditya Mediratta

Friday, January 12, 2018 1:21 PM
  • Hi

You can add your Office 365 email account to Outlook app. And then, you can use Outlook to move email, contacts, and calendar items into Office 365 mailbox.

For moving Office 365 mailboxes to PST, Please refer to this link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/export-or-backup-email-contacts-and-calendar-to-an-outlook-pst-file-14252b52-3075-4e9b-be4e-ff9ef1068f91

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,

______________________________________________________________________________________
    Migration can be a tedious task without the right solution. Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore helps you to easily save Office 365 mailboxes as PST in any desired location.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:08 PM
  • Hi Bruce.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kelvin Howard

Thank you Kelvin Howard, Vasil L. Michev and other for helping me out from this issue. I couldn't reply because I had used the solution provided by Kelvin. Best solution for me. Again thanks to Kelvin. Manual solution did not work for me.
    Saturday, March 31, 2018 10:31 AM
  • Hi Bruce, I know it's been a while since you asked, but I thought I'd share with you how to do Office 365 Native PST Exports, since it seems everyone is recommending third party tools or exporting through Outlook in this thread. I wrote a guide on how to do the exports without utilities in a way that can be scaled from a single mailbox to every mailbox here
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:39 PM