none
Changing form view RRS feed

• Question

• This is driving me nuts. I am just setting up my company’s SharePoint Online site and I’ve added two lists but before I move on I want to make sure they are completely working before I advertise to my users. The first is a task list which I have working and looks good the second is a “List” that I have labeled change control. Now the Change Control list is giving me a headache. My problem is how the form is displayed, on this list when I click on an item it brings up this little side display. Normally I wouldn’t have a problem with this except I need to print to pdf so that I can submit to auditors and this view doesn’t allow me to print everything, just what’s displayed. Strangely enough, the first task list doesn’t open with this side view, it opens in its own page. I want the change control to do the same, I just can’t find how to do it. I have tried changing in designer, I have tried in advanced settings. Help!!

Thursday, September 5, 2019 8:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Decaturfamilytx, 

You said "My problem is how the form is displayed, on this list when I click on an item it brings up this little side display. "

What is the meaning of "it brings up this little side display"? Please offer a screenshot about your display form. 

Have you customized the form of that list? 

Navigate to List settings->Form settings->Choose use the default SharePoint form:

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, September 6, 2019 5:13 AM
  • Sorry for my crude drawing

And I am currently using the default form. I tried creating a new one using PowerApps but couldn't find how to make the item pop out in its own page

Friday, September 6, 2019 12:56 PM
  • No takers?
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 7:36 PM
  • Hi Decaturfamilytx, 

Here is an article about customize SharePoint Forms With PowerApps for your reference:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/customize-sharepoint-forms-with-powerapps/

Besides, I suggest you creating a new thread in Powerapps forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=PowerApps

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 16, 2019 1:50 AM
  • I tried in Powerapps and thoroughly wrecked the page when I tried using the new form. I'll spend some time learning it, check your link and try again. Thanks
    Monday, September 16, 2019 1:06 PM