None of the DHCP reports contain any data RRS feed

• Question

• Evening,

I am going through testing the SCOM 2019 environment I just stood up. Got to the reporting portion, ran a couple of the DHCP reports, and nothing. The report runs, does not error out.

At the bottom left of the screen, it shows: Connecting to the primary management server, not the server where the reports live.

Reports I tried: DHCP Scopes Report, DHCP Events Report

I spot checked reports for other areas and they seem to run as they should and contain data.

Any more info I can provide, please let me know.

Thank you,

TS

Tuesday, August 11, 2020 10:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Tony,

From your description, I know there's no data in DHCP report. Could you check if the DHCP server is monitored under Monitoring->Microsoft Windows server DHCP?

Tips: This SCOM Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best regards.

Crystal

"SCOM" forum will be migrating to a new home on   Microsoft Q&A!
      We invite you to post new questions in the "SCOM" forum's new home on   Microsoft Q&A!
      For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 7:27 AM
  • Morning,

Yes. When I select Server Health under both Microsoft Windows Server DHCP and Windows Server DHCP 2016 and 1709+, I see the dhcp server: DHCP Database and DHCP IPv4Runtime are healthy. The other two DHCP IPv4 Scope and DHCP Superscope are ref due to many of teh scope being low on IP addresses.

Thank you,

Tony

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 10:11 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Thanks for the information. From your description, I know the DHCP server is monitored and is healthy. How about the data under DHCP event views? is there any data there?

Best regards.

Crystal

We invite you to post new questions in the "SCOM" forum's new home on   Microsoft Q&A!

Thursday, August 13, 2020 9:27 AM
  • Morning, Nope no data.

TS

Thursday, August 13, 2020 10:36 AM
  • Hi, Tony.

From the MP document, I find the Windows Server DHCP Management Pack includes a Run As profile called DHCP Action Account. This profile can be assigned to a user-defined action account to support running in low-privileged environments.

The action account must have the following permissions:

• Registry Read permission
    • Full access to HKLM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCPServer\Performance key and all subkeys
    • Event log Read permission
    • Member of the DHCP Users or DHCP Administrators group (located in local Security Accounts Manager (SAM) or Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) depending on whether the managed node is domain joined or not)
    • Server Operator (if you want to be able to start / stop DHCP service)
    • Able to create temporary files in the service account temp directory

Please check the above permission to see if any is missing.

Best regards.

Crystal

Friday, August 14, 2020 8:27 AM
  • Morning and thank you.

Performance Key does not exist on either of my two 2016 DHCP servers:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCPServer\Performance key and all subkeys

Keys I have under DHCPServer: Parameters, Security, ServicePrivateData

For the service account temp directory, is that windows\temp or User\AppData\Local\Temp? 

Thank you,

TS

Friday, August 14, 2020 11:11 AM
  • Hi Tony,

For the registry key permission, we can give the full control to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCPServer\ and its subkeys.

For the service account temp directory, based on my understanding, it can be User\AppData\Local\Temp.

Hope ti can help.

Best regards.

Crystal

Monday, August 17, 2020 6:44 AM
  • Morning and thank you. I have made the change and looking to see if that fixed the issue.

TS

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 12:53 PM
  • Hi Tony,

Thanks and wait for your update.

Best regards.

Crystal

Wednesday, August 19, 2020 2:39 AM
  • Afternoon,

For the most part, that seems to have solved the issue. I think there still may be account rights issues, will work through that with our AD admins.

Thank you so very much!

TS

Thursday, August 20, 2020 8:22 PM
  • Hi Tony,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that most part to be resolved. If there's anything else we can help in the future, feel free to contact us.

Best regards.

Crystal

Friday, August 21, 2020 1:17 AM