none
Need examples of having the user edit the report via a form RRS feed

• Question

• I need to use a Windows form to edit textboxes inside a SSRS report and save the values back to the database.

I need some examples for this.

Thank you.

Monday, November 18, 2019 10:44 PM

All replies

• Why this strange counter way over a report, reports are intended to present data, not to enter them? You can create a WinForms (or WPF or ASP.NET) application to enter the data directly.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:26 AM
  • Hi,

I afraid there is not such direct example meets your requirement that is available. 

As I understand the task, the major part of the job is to use SSRS to save or update data to Database. This is not a typically use of SSRS since it is a data consuming end which reads and displays data.

Still there are some ways to do this, you could follow them and combine this gear with WinForm Report design.

Reference here: Using SQL Server Reporting Services to Manage Data

SSRS can be also used for user inputs!

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:43 AM