none
Distinguished Name inside our sharepoint online user profile service do not update the "OU" RRS feed

• Question

• There is an issue we are facing inside our SharePoint online user profile service, now i am not an expert in AD, so not sure what is going on.

We have an on-premises AD, and any user who leaves the company will be moved to an Organization Unit named "Leavers", as follow:-

But this move is not going to be reflected inside our SharePoint Online's user profile service's properties. Where inside the SharePoint Online's user profile service we have a property named "Distinguished Name", and none of the OU will be equal to "Leavers", here is a Distinguished Name for one of the Leavers:-

CN=c**************2c6b,OU=c1**********94af,OU=Tenants,OU=MSOnline,DC=SPODS1****9,DC=msft,DC=net

And here the Distinguished Name property i am referring to inside the SP user profile service

so can anyone advice on this please? should moving a user to a Leavers Organization Unit, get refelcted inside the sharepoint online user profile service's properties? as per my case, it will not, and the leaver i am refering to have left the comany more than 1 year ago. and this is happening to all the leavers in our case.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:17 PM

All replies

• Hi johnjhon11, 

How do you sync AD user to SharePoint online user profile?

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:04 AM
  • Hi johnjhon11, 

How do you sync AD user to SharePoint online user profile?

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

As far as i know the sync between AD and SharePoint online user profile is done for us automatically, and in our case each 7-10 days i can see that the "Last Completion Time" will be updated as follow:-

so to answer your question we rely on the built-in sync provided in sharepoint online.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 12:50 PM
  • Hi johnjohn11, 

I have done a test in my SharePoint, ou will always show OU=Tenants,OU=MSOnline. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, September 13, 2019 8:45 AM