none
Opening Document Library in Windows Explorer

Question

• Hi,

I have a SharePoint Online Document Library with some files in it. I manually added a user to the permissions list of this library and gave them Full Permissions.

When they go to open the Document Library in their Windows Explorer, it states that Windows could not find the path. When I try this, it works.

Thoughts on this?

Friday, April 21, 2017 4:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you add the SharePoint online site into the trusted sites in Internet Explorer?

If not, please add it to trusted sites in IE first and then check what happens.

Please also use Fiddler to track the request to see what result is returned.

Best Regards,

Victoria 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, April 22, 2017 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you add the SharePoint online site into the trusted sites in Internet Explorer?

Best Regards,

Victoria 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, April 22, 2017 6:11 AM
  • Hi,

Best Regards,

Victoria 

Hi Victoria,

I did try this last week Friday and the results were showing success. I will monitor this for the next few days and mark as an answer when fully confirmed.

Thanks,

Justin

Monday, April 24, 2017 1:38 PM
  • It worked like a charm! Thanks.
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6:51 PM