none
Users not connecting to BPOS? Anyone else getting this issue today? RRS feed

• Question

• Multiple users are complaining that they can't send/receive. The BPOS health screen is green?

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:03 PM

All replies

• We are seeing users not being able to connect via Outlook, although Web Access seems to be working for now.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:07 PM
  • Yes, my users are experiencing the similar issues.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:08 PM
  • We are having the same issue.  OWA says "Service Unavailable".  Outlook says "Trying to connect".  On the phone with Microsoft now.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:08 PM
  • Unable to connect in Houston, Texas.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:12 PM
  • Same thing in Santa Barbara, CA
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:14 PM
  • Yep, Outlook can't connect.

"Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable."

"Trying to connect..."

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:14 PM
  • I talked to BPOS support and they confirm that they have an "issue", but can't say what it is yet.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:18 PM
  • Thanks for the update Tom.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:21 PM
  • Kansas -  Have a few users just reporting problems connecting to exchange servers..  OWA works but Outlooks just sits trying to connect to server.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:25 PM
  • Same problem in Spokane WA, Seattle WA., and Portland, OR
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:41 PM
  • We're experiencing the same issue here in VT.  OWA is fine, but Outlook can't seem to connect to a server.  It's fine for users who were logged in before 11:15 AM EST, but after that, no luck.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:43 PM
  • Outlook says trying to connect, but it's downloading the headers of new mail. OWA is working as expected. Bellevue, Wa
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:44 PM

• We're experiencing the same issue here in VT.  OWA is fine, but Outlook can't seem to connect to a server.  It's fine for users who were logged in before 11:15 AM EST, but after that, no luck.

Yeah, that is the same for us in CA - 8:15am Pacific time. Users who were logged in before that time are OK.

I have seen some users see that Outlook eventually makes a connection after trying for 10-15 minutes.

OWA seems to be working okay.

The health dashboard is still green. What a totally useless tool.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:53 PM
  • Same here in Wisconsin. All status boxes are green on the health dashboard. Tried to submit a trouble ticket and after all data was entered it said that the server was down.

"The server that managers service requests is unavailable at this time....."

This is troubling going forward. I enjoy migrating my clients to BPOS and looked forward to Office 365 but not if this continues. How can anyone allow email downtime?

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:54 PM

• Outlook says trying to connect, but it's downloading the headers of new mail. OWA is working as expected. Bellevue,
    Unfortunate, OWA isn't working for me at all, keeps saying Service Unavailable.  Phx, AZ
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:56 PM
  • Yeah, these are the same issues we had on the June 22nd outage. They then said it was a blade in a router that failed. So much for their touted  hardware redundancy 
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:00 PM
  • I just got a call from a client saying she could not connect. I remote desktop'd in to her computer, she couldn't get access via OWA or Outlook. Flushed DNS, cleared internet history and she can connect to OWA but not Outlook. I could connect to OWA without any issues from my PC off site and on a different ISP. Maybe an ISP / Cache issue somewhere?
    Matthew Arkin - MVP - Microsoft Partner - http://twitter.com/Microsoft_Cares - All posts are "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:10 PM
  • Same her in NYC - B'POS'. I hope MS gets their act together - can't imagine the stress they are under right now... 

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:10 PM
  • Same issue here in Conn. As usual the MS Dashboard is totally useless - not even reporting an issue. Can't believe an MS Business product continues to be such an inferior choice.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:16 PM
  • It's finally listed as a service interruption with a red "X" in the health site.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:22 PM
  • Same issue here in San Antonio.  There are 2 of us so far. 
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:22 PM
  • Supposedly the fix is in!

"The BPOS Operations team has resolved the problem affecting access to Exchange Online via Outlook, OWA, and mobile devices for customers served from this region"

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:57 PM
  • It's finally listed as a service interruption with a red "X" in the health site.

Finally - over 2 hrs later the dashboard is updated. In their last email regarding the June 22nd outage they promised that in the future, the dashboard would reflect more in "real time", So much for that promise.

It also now states that the issue has been resolved.

That may be true, I think all of my users are now connected (still checking)

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:00 PM