none
Multiple creds with Start-Process RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

is it possible to initate DSA.msc with multiple credentials when working from a non Domain Admin account? One set of creds to run the process and another to open DSA.msc. 

Here is what I have so far:

Start-Process powershell -Credential $cred  -ArgumentList '-command &{DSA.msc /DOMAIN="domain.local"','/SERVER="somedc"}'

It does open the snapin as Domain Admin for that DC but only after UAC prompts me for the Same Credentials that I have in the Credential parameter. Its as if its ignoring the credentials I have in the cred file. Please note that I have powershell running as a Domain Admin but for my domain not the DC I am attempting to connect to. 

If I run this command for my current domain that I am logged in, it opens the snapin with no other prompts, it just works:

Start-Process powershell -Credential $Currentcred  -ArgumentList '-command &{DSA.msc /DOMAIN="mydomain.local"','/SERVER="mydc"}'

Friday, November 15, 2019 5:07 PM

All replies

• Why all the code. Just start the dSA.

Start-Process DSA.MSC -Credential $Currentcred  -ArgumentList '/DOMAIN="mydomain.local" /SERVER="mydc"'

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, November 15, 2019 5:15 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 18, 2019 6:42 AM