none
SharePoint 2016 Storage metrics Size RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have one sitecollection Storage metrics showing 100 MB using but below each section wise less than 2 MB. 

I ran the powershell site usage also showing 100MB used.

When i iterate all the documents and get the size it is less than 2 mb. I cleared all the data from sitecollection , not sure where the 100MB occupied.

I cleared recycle bin and secondary recycle bin also. all empty.

Can you please help how can check which is occupied  and clear the site.

DVGR, SharePoint Developer

Monday, October 21, 2019 1:46 PM

All replies

• Try run the below powershell to recalculate the storage metrics and give it for 5 minutes to run the timer jobs, that should fix your issue.

$site = Get-SPSite http://siteUrl
    $site.RecalculateStorageMetrics()
    Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, October 21, 2019 1:49 PM
  • Hi,

I ran it but still showing 100 MB .if we check CA or storage usage  no change.

I thought some thing hidden files occupied the storage. any way we can check from back end which files taking that space?

Monday, October 21, 2019 1:53 PM
  • Hmmm, then that might be true maybe files are hidden are using documentum. try opening the site in the file explorer and see you have any files in it. If Possible detach and attach the database.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:03 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks Sharath.

Open with explorer also did not see any files. Looks my understanding is UI only  storage metrics showing 100MB and powershell aslos showing 100 MB.

If see whole site nothing found, is there any i need to check in sql some thing is saved and not deleted from sql like that?

Monday, October 21, 2019 3:16 PM
  • I don't think SQL could be the reason that might be some glitch. i would say detach and attach the content database should fix your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, October 21, 2019 3:28 PM
  • It is production, thousand my sites have in that Content DB. only one  my site si only showing storage metrics differently more. rest are all ok.

Is it showing more Storage space or any hidden data from that my site, i could not able to figure it out.

Any suggestions

Monday, October 21, 2019 4:28 PM
  • Try running the below article provided script that will get you list of all hidden lists and libraries from that you know what could be the reason.

https://mstechtalk.com/get-list-hidden-lists-sharepoint-site/

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, October 21, 2019 6:32 PM
  • Hi,

Besides what Sharath suggests, you can also manage the site with SharePoint Designer 2013. 

You can click “Reset to Template” to remove all the customization. See if it will make any difference.

In addition, since it is not supported to reset a site collection to its initial status, if you want to clear all site contents, delete the site collection would be the most efficient way to start again.

Here’s your reference.

4 Options to List SharePoint Sites with Their Size.

Please note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Hi,

I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:12 AM