Sharing Multimedia/Recorded Video? RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen a couple references to showing "synchronized multimedia" around the LM site, but can't find any specific information.  I have a user who wants to share recorded video.  This used to be a no-no in the old days.  Is this possible now with 2007, or is there a special service needed to deliver recorded video?   (I know we can link the audience to a url, but this is not synchronized.)

Thanks for any info!
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 10:50 PM

Answers

•  

Hi

Streaming WMV files or sharing applications of the streaming video is not supported in LiveMeeting 2007 because of the low refresh rate. We are sharing content in LiveMeeting using PSOM/TLS protocol and this does not facilitate the sharing of video at high refresh rates. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Hope this information is helpful.

Lu Zou

• Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:32 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 2:14 AM

All replies

•  

Hi

Streaming WMV files or sharing applications of the streaming video is not supported in LiveMeeting 2007 because of the low refresh rate. We are sharing content in LiveMeeting using PSOM/TLS protocol and this does not facilitate the sharing of video at high refresh rates. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Hope this information is helpful.

Lu Zou

• Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:32 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 2:14 AM
  • Hi Lu Zou,

Is this limitation still applies for OCS 2007 R2 Live Meeting? We need to share video in Live Meeting and users are getting only blank screen with media player menu buttons, no video is streaming. Is there workaround to share .WMA videos in Live Meeting 2007?

Thanks in Advance

Tek-Nerd

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:17 PM