DPM 2019 crashes almost every night with 100% cpu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two DPM 2019 servers with sql on another server. Backups are running without problems on both servers. But one of the servers crashes almost every night and I cannot connect to windows too because the server uses 100% cpu.

I have dpm error logs with .crash extension after each crash.

Can someone help with that issue and read the .crash files.

Thanks,

Bora

Thursday, December 10, 2020 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How much resources you have assigned to your DPM server? To me it sounds like a resource crunch issue on the DPM server. Since it is crashing every night, it might be related to the pruning job (runs at midnight daily) where it prunes the recovery points and purge other information in the DPMDB. Hence it makes me think that DPM resources are not enough to carry out this operation. 

Try to disable the pruning job for 2-3 days and check if it helps. Afterwards you can enable it back to make sure RPs are pruned as per the retention range.

Run below sql query against the DPMDB and it will give you the SQL Schedule ID. Open SSMS and enumerate SQL Agent and find the same schedule figured from below query and disable it. 

SELECT SCH.ScheduleId, SCH.JobDefinitionId, jd.CreationTime

FROM tbl_JM_JobDefinition JD

JOIN tbl_SCH_ScheduleDefinition SCH

ON JD.JobDefinitionId = SCH.JobDefinitionId

WHERE JD.Type = '282faac6-e3cb-4015-8c6d-4276fcca11d4'

AND JD.IsDeleted = 0

AND SCH.IsDeleted = 0

Try this step and let me know the outcome. Thanks. 

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 10, 2020 4:58 PM