none
Cannot delete site on sharepoint online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I have setup a new site using sharepoint online in office 365. The site was only used as a demo and now I need to delete it.

I go to site settings -> site actions and there is no option to delete the site. I am the office 365 subscription admin and also the site owner. I have searched all over the place but no delete option?

Help please.

Thanks.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:05 PM

All replies

• Is this the root site collection by any chance?

Also is it the root site of a site collection with child sites? I think that blocks the delete this site option.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:09 PM
  • Same problem here. Any fix for this issue?
    Friday, April 21, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Hello T Rex,

Looking at the issue you are facing it seems you have lack of permissions to this site. As you have already mentioned that you are the site owner for the particular site, may i request you to please check that you have full control on the site or not.

Please refer to the below url for doing the same

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Check-permissions-for-a-user-or-group-13D15C92-1DEA-4AAD-A665-4C3D1D377850

and other useful link for deleting a site

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Delete-a-site-team-site-or-subsite-in-Office-365-bc37b743-0cef-475e-9a8c-8fc4d40179fb

I hope it will help!!

Please mark my reply as an answer if you find it useful.

Thanks

Alok Gupta

• Edited by alokkgupta Friday, April 21, 2017 10:44 AM
    Friday, April 21, 2017 10:19 AM
  • Hi,

Please check your permission for this site to make sure that you have enough permission to perform deletion.

Can you access the delete page successfully via URL “your site URL/_layouts/15/deleteweb.aspx”?

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 24, 2017 12:05 PM

Can you access the delete page successfully via URL “your site URL/_layouts/15/deleteweb.aspx”?

Hi Dean, I have the same issue of no delete button found.  The URL you provided works for me.  My created site was deleted successfully.  Thanks a lot.
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:04 AM
  • Hi,

Glad to help you :)

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:19 AM
  • Hi Dean,

I am having similar issue. I cannot access to the delete page. 

The only option i can see on the setting page is two:

Look and fee: quick Launch and

Site administration: Site Libraries and Lists 

I dont see any other options on Site administration. Any suggestions

Monday, November 20, 2017 1:21 AM
  • Hi Dean,

I've tried the link you sent with no success. I've tried accessing it via admin and nothing. Any updates for how to delete a site in Sharepoint?

Thank you,

Sarah

Friday, November 1, 2019 5:01 PM