none
How do you create a subsite for a SharePoint Online 2013 public site?

Question

• Ok I've looked everywhere and give up. How do you create a subsite for a SharePoint Online 2013 public sit?. I've looked on the "Site Content" page and couldn't find it. 

Jeffrey T McFarland

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:46 PM

All replies

• Click on the gear in the upper right corner, choose "Site contents".  At the bottom of the next page is a link "new subsite"
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:16 PM
  • Hi jmcfarland86

You cannot create subsites currently on the SharePoint Online 2013 public site.

Regards

Nigel

Nigel Price NJPEnterprises

Friday, March 8, 2013 12:40 PM
  • I found out you can actually create a subsite for a SharePoint Online public site. However, you must use SharePoint Designer to do it.

View more details at this blog post

Jeffrey T McFarland

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 1:09 AM
  • Hi jmcfarland86

Yes you can create one using SharePoint Designer but....

Microsoft will not support it

you cannot use it in navigation because it does not show up because you do not have navigation link in site admin.

Regards

Nigel

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:08 AM
  • Hi

How can this be proposed as an answer ?

The link "New SubSite" is not available in public facing Office 365 Wave 15 web sites.

Microsoft have also stated on the office 365 forums that they will not support public facing Office 365 web sites which contain subsites, however they are created.

Pramod7 - can you please unpropose this as an answer.

Thanks

Nigel

Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:20 AM
  • I tried it on my older sharepoint public site and it worked for me so I thought it was the right answer. I dont find any option to unpropose the answer. Maybe someone can come up with an better answer to your problem.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:38 AM
  • Thanks for the Answers in this tread. Regardless if they are supported or not with Microsoft. This entire cloud solution is changing so rapidly that all the posts together contributed.

I personally like that the answers were:

SharePoint Designer Only

Custom Links to the subsite only

Not supported by Microsoft.  (Still looking for PROOF of this in their documentation)

Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:12 PM
  • This is not correct, why is it marked as answer?

Christophe Humbert Path to SharePoint http://blog.PathToSharePoint.com User Managed Solutions http://UserManagedSolutions.com

Sunday, October 27, 2013 1:27 AM
  • Does this really work in SharePoint Online 2013?

On the Site Content page, in the bottom, I  see a section "Subsites" that says "This site does not have any subsites." and no "new subsite" link like pramod7 mentions.

Were you able to find it or were you able to create a subsite under public site?

Sunday, November 3, 2013 3:58 AM