none
Powershell extract "Active sites" - list? (Page views, Files viewed or Edited) RRS feed

• Question

• I have already got a powershell script that extracts all site information using get-sposite.

Recently noted that the "Active Sites" page (In SharePoint admin center") gives a handy view that appears to be similar to a SharePoint list.

If you scroll to the right you can add additional columns modify the view and then save the view. There are a few columns here with information that I do not get from get-sposite.

Questiion is: Is there a way to run a powershell query against this list and extract the information from it into an array?

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 2:03 PM

Answers

• Hi GTEM,

I am afraid that there is no such properties for “page views” or “Files viewed or Edited” by Get-SPOSite.

And I am afraid that there is no easier option than PowerShell script to get sites from the "Active Sites" list.

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by GTEM Tuesday, October 1, 2019 9:24 AM
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hi GTEM,

For the “Office 365 group sites” view, we can use the PowerShell below:

Get-SPOSite|Where-Object { $_.Owner -eq "" }| Format-List -Property Title,URL, Owner

For the “Site without a group” view, we can use the PowerShell below:

Get-SPOSite|Where-Object { $_.Owner -ne "" }| Format-List -Property Title,URL, Owner

For the "Largest sites" view, we can use the PowerShell command below:

Get-SPOSite|Sort-Object -Property StorageUsageCurrent -Descending|Format-List -Property Title,StorageUsageCurrent,URL

For other views, we cannot achieve by PowerShell command.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:37 AM
  • Thank you for your response. Not quite what I was after but I did find it useful anyway.

Perhaps my question was not very clear.

What I want to get is "Page Views"  and "Files viewed or Edited"

Get-SPOsite does not seem to get that and other information available in the "Active Sites" list.

I was hoping that instead of modifying and writing a power-shell Script with Get-SPOSite there might be an easier option to simply extract the data directly from the "Active Sites" list using power-shell.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:46 AM
  • Hi GTEM,

I am afraid that there is no such properties for “page views” or “Files viewed or Edited” by Get-SPOSite.

And I am afraid that there is no easier option than PowerShell script to get sites from the "Active Sites" list.

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

• Marked as answer by GTEM Tuesday, October 1, 2019 9:24 AM
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:58 AM