none
DPM 2019 Recovery Points are Inaccurate RRS feed

• Question

• DPM 2019 on Server 2019.

No alerts telling me that recovery points fail. When you filter recovery points I get every single one that is supposed to be there as successfully completed.

When I go to the recovery tab to recover a point one of the recovery points instead of seeing 30 that I'm supposed to see I only see 6 which happen to coincide with tape backups. Other jobs in Protection Group show the same symptoms and other jobs actually show all the recovery points that are supposed to be there.

What's the deal?

Thanks,

Jerry.

Friday, December 13, 2019 10:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Jerry,

First check if the disk based recovery points are listed from the DPM PowerShell by running the below.

Get-ProtectionGroup -DPMServerName (&hostname) | %{Get-Datasource -ProtectionGroup $_} | %{Get-RecoveryPoint -Datasource $_} | where {$_.Datalocation -eq "Disk"}

If they are missing from there, then copy the below and paste into notepad and save it as Get-PSjobs.ps1 then run it from DPM Powershell.  In the resulting report look to see if the jobs show up in the report.    You can tweak the number of days to go back - the default is last 30 days.

$DPM= $env:COMPUTERNAME
    $outfile = "PSJobs-Report.txt"
    $DPM | out-file $outfile
    get-date | out-file $outfile -Append

$ps = get-productionserver | where {$_.ServerProtectionState -eq 'HasDatasourcesProtected'}

foreach ($sn in $ps)
    {
    $datasource = Get-Datasource $sn | where {$_.state -eq 'Valid'}
    foreach ($Data in $datasource) 

{
     Write-Host 'DataSource' $Data
     Get-DPMJob -Datasource $Data -from (get-date).AddDays(-30)  -Type Replication, Verification, ArchiveFromSC, InitialReplication, Validation, ShadowCopy, CloudBackup | ft Jobtype,jobid, Status, ProtectionGroupName,Datasources, starttime, endtime, datasize -AutoSize  | out-file $outfile -Append
     }
    } 

notepad $outfile

If all looks good you should also see recovery points if you right-click the data source and select show all recovery points.

Let me know the results.

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, December 20, 2019 8:36 PM