none
Document set welcome page 'checked out' ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , whenever I edit my document set Welcome page and then try to update all welcome pages that inherit from the content type I get this error message 'cannot be updated because it is currently checked out. Check in the page to resolve this error'. I can't find where this pag eis checked out and how to uncheck it or publish it, when you edit the content type welcome page the only options you get are 'edit' and 'stop editing' and there is nowhere to see if it is checked out or to check it back in.

kegan1

• Edited by kegan1 Wednesday, July 3, 2019 1:06 PM
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 1:06 PM

Answers

• Hi kegan1,

You could edit your Document Set Welcome page in SharePoint Designer and check if the page is checked out. If the page is not checked out, it will show as the second image. If it is checked out, check in and test again.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by kegan1 Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:03 AM
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hi kegan1,

You could edit your Document Set Welcome page in SharePoint Designer and check if the page is checked out. If the page is not checked out, it will show as the second image. If it is checked out, check in and test again.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by kegan1 Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:03 AM
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 5:51 AM
  • Thanks, yeah, I used designer in the end to uncheck it. Strange that it was 'checked out' by default though.

Regards

kegan1

Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:04 AM