none
Sign-in Application - Home Premium

General discussion

• Is there any way to get this app to install on vista home premium? 

Thanks
    Mark 
    Friday, February 06, 2009 12:16 AM

All replies

• CDR,

No there is no way at this point. This is a well known issue and it is being worked on by the best of the best at Microsoft. The issue is around all home versions of the OS (Vista Home, Xp Home, etc...).

The HOME OS's are missing some needed parts at the OS level for connecting to BPOS.

You can use the Web Portal to get to the sites but this is really the only way.

I actually purchased upgrades to the OS's on my network and the issue is resolved. You can get a good deal on the web for the upgrades.

Hope this helps,

Jay
    Friday, February 06, 2009 1:42 AM
  • Our next version of the sign in client will run on vista home premium. It will be available by mid march 2009.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:53 AM
    Owner
  • Any way to help beta test the new client?  I am anxiously awating.

Thanks!
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 10:52 PM
  • Sunday, February 22, 2009 1:01 AM
    Owner
  • One quick thing.  I believe I found a bug in the Outlook settings.  After installing the Single Sign On app and logging in I could not launch Outlook.  It was popping up a login window and would not get past it - would not authenticate it.

In the Exchange Proxy settings page, changing the authentcation from Basic to NTLM fixed the issue. In your mail profile, this is under the exchange account settings under More Settings - Connection - Exchange Proxy Settings.

After fixing that everything seems to be working!

Friday, February 27, 2009 11:41 PM
  • Good catch! These configuration settings come from the service. Since the service is not yet upgraded with the recent bits, you are running into this issue. Once the backend gets upgraded, the experience should be seemless.
    Saturday, March 07, 2009 2:21 AM
    Owner
  • What is the status on VISTA Home support? Can I still use the download listed above to try it. Do I still need to manually change the authentication setting?

Bill Walter
    Sunday, March 15, 2009 3:56 AM
  • The fix will be rolled out to our backend in the first week of April. Until then, you will have to fix it manually.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:05 AM
    Owner
  •   We've attempted to use Version 9.1 with Windows XP Home.  Does the Sign In Application work with XP Home SP3?  We've received an error message says its an incompatible version... 
    Friday, April 24, 2009 5:38 PM
  • No, XP Home Edition is not supported. The problem is - credential manager functionality is not available in XP Home edition.
    Monday, April 27, 2009 3:30 AM
    Owner
  • No, XP Home Edition is not supported. The problem is - credential manager functionality is not available in XP Home edition.
    Monday, April 27, 2009 3:30 AM
    Owner
  • I got a new Dell XPS laptop with VISTA Home over the weekend. I opened IE and went to http://home.microsoftonline.com and selected the downloads page and downloaded the sign on client. It installed version 1.0.1418.24 and after it installed and I entered my username and password it found Outlook and configured it and configured IE to set the security for the microsoftonline service and everyhing works. I did not have that experience earlier in the year but that was before the new client was rolled out.

Note on older VISTA Home systems tat I tried earlier in the year when I tried to check for an update the sign on client reported no new updates available, but when I uninstaled the sign on client and went to the site and asked to download the sign on client I get a newer version and it worked. The check for updates is not very reliable.

Bill Walter
    Monday, April 27, 2009 4:43 PM
  • Walter - thanks for the feedback. Updates are enabled through automatic updates only when we think that everyone will benefit with that update. If not, we will accumulate bug fixes and push the updates at a later time.
    Monday, May 04, 2009 3:10 AM
    Owner