none
Migrate SharePoint OnPremise solution to SharePoint Farm RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've some couple of queries regarding SharePoint solution migration from SharePoint premise to online.

1) We've some customs solutions which is developed using sandbox and the content database size upto 1TB. Can we able to migrate to SharePoint online. If it is possible how to migrate the content and what licensing model supports?

2) I've some 10,000 users in my SharePoint site collections. What is the best way to migrate users from on-premise to SharePoint online?

Balaji -Please click mark as answer if my reply solves your problem.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1) There will be no problem with moving 1 TB to cloud. Question is that if this 1 TB of space is one site collection or many. If many it will be easier to migrate and manage.

Currently MS is saying "world is flat" so their new approach is to built on Online solution many site collection for collaboration and connect them in with hubs. This is near future for Modern Team Sites.

2) There are many apps that can be used one of best and not expensive is Sharegate. It can also map users from on-prem to online.

If it goes about creating user. U can have many scenario from federating domain to copy users.

Regards

Łukasz Antoniak

Monday, December 18, 2017 4:05 PM