none
total license and issued license are same that is 50 however there is zero available license showing in license manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

We have terminal server 2012 standard with self owned licensing role as well.

With 50 per user based CAL.

RD licensing Diagnoser states problem as mentioned below.

The Remote Desktop Session Host server is in Per User licensing mode and No Redirector Mode, but license server  does not have any installed licenses with the following attributes:
    Product version: Windows Server 2012
    Licensing mode: Per User
    License type: RDS CALs

RD license manger shows everything very much fine all green.

just one thing observed is Total license and issued license is showing 50, However available license is showing 0.

Any help please?

Regards,

Azhar shaikh.

Friday, November 15, 2019 10:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It appears everything is normal.  It is only displaying the warning because there are no licenses available.  I don't expect you to have any issues based on the information provided.

-TP

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, you have 50 total licenses and all 50 have been Issued, which means Available should be 0 (50-50 =0).  You say Available is showing 0, which appears correct.

What is the problem you are having?  Has the RD Licensing not issued licenses to 50 users?  You should be able to see the list of users that have been issued licenses in RD Licensing Manager.

Please create a CAL Usage report in RD Licensing Manager, next right-click on the report and save it as a .csv file, then finally open the .csv file in Notepad.  What does the file show?

Thanks. 

-TP

Friday, November 15, 2019 11:24 AM
  • Thanks TP for your time! Yes i have exported report and could see list of users been assigned license and looks good. No any issue been reported from user end as well. My problem here is i could see error in license diagnoser stating The Remote desktop session host server is in per user licensing mode And no redirector mode, but llicense server does not have any installed lisences. Does this will have any impact on my terminal server or will this be going in grace period or any abnormility ? Thanks !! Regards, Azhar shaikh
    Friday, November 15, 2019 12:23 PM
  • Hi,

It appears everything is normal.  It is only displaying the warning because there are no licenses available.  I don't expect you to have any issues based on the information provided.

-TP

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:53 PM
  • Much appreciated!!!
    Saturday, November 16, 2019 2:45 AM
  • HI
    I am glad to hear that your issue is solved in technet forum.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:38 AM