none
Windows 2016 not certified with Oracle 12.1.0.2 (SSRS 2017 - Windows Server 2016) RRS feed

Answers

• Hi SreejitG,

ODAC refers to Oracle Data Access Components. It a component, part of oracle support. 

The screenshot you provide is database client.

I think perhaps you could check ODAC in this link ODAC 12c Release 4 (12.1.0.2.4)

Hope this could help.

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 27, 2019 5:58 AM

All replies

• Hi SreejitG,

ODAC refers to Oracle Data Access Components. It a component, part of oracle support. 

The screenshot you provide is database client.

I think perhaps you could check ODAC in this link ODAC 12c Release 4 (12.1.0.2.4)

Hope this could help.

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 27, 2019 5:58 AM
  • Thanks Lukas... We made some positive progress in our testing and could make it work.

We installed Oracle client 12.2.0 as we may need oracle client for Sql Server end (linked server -- we don't use it just in case) and Oracle Data Provider for .NET comes along with it. This used to work for an existing config that we have which is win 2012/SSRS 2014 and Oracle client 12.1.0. Now when we tried the same in Win 2016/ SSRS 2017/ Oracle client 12.2.0 it gave us error. 

We have uninstalled the Oracle client 12.2.0 from the server and just installed Oracle Data Provider for .NET from ODAC 12.2.0 and SSRS report oracle connectivity started working.

We are now trying to install Oracle client 12.2.0 again on the server to see if the Oracle Data Provider for .NET gets over written and SSRS again fails, if that's the case we will try to re-register the dll which comes along with ODAC so both Sql Server can see the oracle client and SSRS also works fine.

Anyways Win 2016/ SSRS 2017/ ODAC 12.2.0 Oracle Data Provider for .NET combination does work.

Thanks,

-SreejitG

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 2:23 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation, if it works, you could mark this as answer, it could help to let more people in need to see it.

Cheers,

Lukas

Thursday, June 6, 2019 5:43 AM
  • Sreejith,

I am in a very similar situation trying to upgrade. I need my linked server to work and my connections in SSRS. I'm wondering if your process to reinstall the Oracle client 12.2 after you had ODAC working was successful?

Thank you,

Lindsay

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:51 PM