none
Display watermark in Pdf , Word & Excel formats of SSRS reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a requirement to display "Draft" as a watermark diagonally by covering the whole page in ssrs report and it should apply in the following export formats 

1.PDF

2.Word

3.Excel

I have tried the background image approach but Word is not rendering the background image.

Please help me with any solution to achieve this.

Thanks,

Sam

Monday, November 4, 2019 12:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Sam,

In SSRS , there are generally two ways to add watermark. One is two use background image, the other is to use textbox.  See this article:Watermark printing in SSRS report

Diagonal text orientation function is not available now in SSRS. Background image would not be rendered during the word rendering. Report Items in Word

So, by this far, I could not find any suitable work around. I suggest you submit the requirement at https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server.

If the requirement mentioned by customers for many times, the product team may consider to add this feature in the next SQL Server version. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 4, 2019 3:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Sam,

In SSRS , there are generally two ways to add watermark. One is two use background image, the other is to use textbox.  See this article:Watermark printing in SSRS report

Diagonal text orientation function is not available now in SSRS. Background image would not be rendered during the word rendering. Report Items in Word

So, by this far, I could not find any suitable work around. I suggest you submit the requirement at https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server.

If the requirement mentioned by customers for many times, the product team may consider to add this feature in the next SQL Server version. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 4, 2019 3:23 AM
  • Thanks Lukas!

At the moment I am going to implement in PDF & Excel and for word I have convinced the client to display "Draft" as text in the page header and enable it only for Word export.

Regards,

Samhith 

• Edited by Samhith Wednesday, November 20, 2019 12:11 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 12:10 AM